18.3.13

Yogyakarta Holiday Day 3


Its day three.... still having a blast, touring around the city, went to the Fort, Palace and the Water Castle,
was a great day spent...
by night, we had dinner at the famous Nasi Goreng Kambing, street vendor, yummm.....

f












The last side note:  Yogyakarta's centre is the Kraton or Sultan's palace. Surrounding the Kraton is a densely populated residential neighbourhood that occupies land that was formerly the Sultan's sole domain. Evidence of this former use remains in the form of old walls and the ruined Taman Sari, built in 1758 as a pleasure garden. No longer used by the sultan, the garden had been largely abandoned. For a time, it was used for housing by palace employees and descendants. Reconstruction efforts began in 2004, and an effort to renew the neighborhood around the kraton has begun. The site is a developing tourist attraction.

thank you for viewing this post and for reading the bits,

xxx

Soan Galuh beach

Soan Galuh beach is my source of inspiration. When I feel like I need inspirations in my clay work, I would just get my motorbike and drive ...